This section of the website has been designed to assist Leicester Radio Society members with their contesting endeavours
Contesting is a major part of the hobby and many club members regularly take part in a number of different contests.
The Radio Society of Great Britain (RSGB) organise a number of different contains throughout the year, the main ones are:
- 80m (3.5 MHz) Club Championship
This is a series of short evening contests on 3.5 Mhz operated between February and July every year. Each month 3 contests are arranged dedicated to CW, SSB and PSK63/RTTY
- 80m (3.5 MHz) Autum Series
Similar arrangements to the Club Championship contests above, but operated between September and November
- UK Activity contests and FM Activity Contests
These are a monthly series that operate throughout the year, with the UKAC taking place between 20:00-2230 and the FMAC preceeding it at 19:00-19:55. Each day is a different 'band' or mode as follows:
- 2m (144 MHz) FMAC and UKAC every 1st Tuesday of the month
- 2m (144 MHz) FT8 AC every 1st Wedesday of the month
- 70cm (432 MHz) FMAC and UKAC every 2nd Tuesday of the month
- 70cm (432 MHz) FT8 AC every 2nd Wednesday of the month
- 6m (50 MHz) UKAC every 2nd Thursday of the month
- 23cm (1.3 GHz) UKAC every 3rd Tuesday of the month
- 4m (70 MHz) UKAC every 3rd Thursday of the month
Various other RSGB VHF+ contests are held throughout the year, more information is available on the VHF CC calendar
We also regularly take part in contests organised by the UK and Ireland Contest Club (UKEICC). Mainly the UKEICC 80m contest series. These are similar in format to the RSGB 80m CC but tend to me more 'relaxed' with the benefit of results being publised within an hour of the end of the contest. More information is available on their website
For all upcoming worldwide contests that we are aware of, please click here.
We have produced some documents to assist members in their contesting endeavours. Please get in touch if there is anything else you would like to see here.